Thursday, June 11, 2009

Holy Moly Guacamole!

It is only 2pm and this day has been crazzzzzy so far!!! A good crazy....
Ok, so I was going back and forth about Lindsey's summer MDO. She started this Tuesday and did ok, and I was just feeling ok about the situation. She and I both loved her MDO during the school year at the Lutheran church, which set the bar pretty high. Anyway, I dropped her off at 9am and at 9:45 they called me saying that Lindsey hadn't settled in for the day and was crying quite a bit. There was my answer...should I or shouldn't I keep taking her to this MDO...the answer is no and I feel like Lindsey was trying to tell me that this wasn't right. I thought that she and I both needed alone time away from the other, but I think I was wrong. I'm looking forward to the summer with both girls and Lindsey can start up MDO again in the fall. There are so many activities through the MOMS club and we've got lots of plans with family, so there will be plenty to do this summer.
Ok, so, when the MDO called, Mack was sleeping and I had muffins in the oven for the meeting. I ran next door to Wanda to see if she could stay at the house while I picked up Lindsey. Wanda is awesome...she came right over. Then the girls and I went to the meeting - both stayed with me 'cause since I had just picked up lindsey from mdo where she was upset, i didn't want to put her in another child care. they did just fine. :) then after the meeting, the mvp came over to the house to go over the position and all the duties that i'm responsible for. lindsey and jayci played pretty well together, but silly me, got out peaches for Mackenzie to eat and left them unattended.....needless to say...peaches everywhere!!! all over mack, lindsey's hands, my shirt and pants...the floor, etc. :)
I'm thinking that a reality show about stay-at-home-moms would be hilarious...and almost like therapy for SAH moms to see what other moms go through in a day. every mom in the world would be able to identify and know they're not alone. Now I just need to pitch this idea to FOX or NBC. :)
I don't know if LIndsey will go to VBS tonight. I had to bring her home a little early because she would not sit still or listen to her teachers. The first night she did great...???.... Sweet and sour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment