Wednesday, June 3, 2009

catching up again

Ok, so I thought I was going to have a couple minutes to sit and write...that's what I get for thinking! Lindsey went down for her nap at 1:30, then Mackenzie fell asleep at 2:45, and Lindsey woke up right before 3! What luck! Oh well. I'm trying to get her to play by herself for a few minutes.
So it's been a while since I've written. This past weekend, we all went to OKC for a family reunion. We stayed at a really nice hotel and had fun swimming at the pool. The girls didn't sleep so well, but hey, we weren't exactly expecting to get a great night sleep. Sunday we went to a family reunion for nana crowder's side. It was nice to meet people I've never met and I think everyone enjoyed seeing the girls. Aunt Lynda was there and she scooped up Mackenzie right after she fell asleep, thus, waking her up. She did that when Lindsey was a baby too. I will never let that happen again 'cause Mackenzie got all off schedule and cried for most of the way home in the car. I finally took her out of her carseat and nursed her while we were still driving just to calm her down. breaking the law!!
My mom came to visit on MOnday - YEAH!!! We all love it when my mom comes. We were getting ready for the garage sale this weekend. We've got a bunch of junk that we're going to get rid of one way or another - whatever doesn't sell,we're loading up Jeff's truck and taking it to salvation army.
Lindsey started antibiotics Monday for what the doctor thinks is an infection of some sort due to the duration of her symtoms. She'd had a runny nose and cough for over a week and then Monday she woke up with a fever and thankfully, we got right in to the doctor. Lindsey would not let Dr. Henley look in her ears...she was thrashing around like a fish out of water!!!
Mackenzie has been getting up on her hands and knees for the past couple days and rocking back and forth. She's gonna be 6 months next week. I can't believe she's already doing that. Lindsey was 7 months according to her baby book. Mack is still waking up once a night to eat...sometimes she sleeps all night...but I don't mind getting up once...it was the 2-3 times that was killing me.
So we had a nice couple days with my mom. She loves to help us decorate and gives us good suggestions. She'll be back on Friday with my crazy uncle Larry and aunt Sandy...and then my dad and Jeff's sister and nephew will be coming over too! Wow - we're gonna have a full house!!
Lindsey is bringing me a snack from her kitchen so I can finish up this post. :) I hope she'll be able to go to MDO tomorrow. I hate that she missed the first day, but I certainly didn't want her to spread any germs and she was not up for doing anything but watching tv....so I know she didn't feel well.
I'll write more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment