Saturday, August 22, 2009

Randomness

So Jeff got back from Michigan last Sunday night and then he found out on Wednesday that he had to go to Canada right away. He thought he'd be home on Monday, but I got a message from him saying he might have to stay longer!!! OH NO!!!! I know the girls miss him like crazy.
Thursday we had our pastor over for lunch...her name is Natalie and she is such a neat lady...really good with kids, easy to talk to, and her sermons always speak to me. Well, there is this dinner coming up for people who have been visitors of the church for a while and who are considering joining (that fits the girls and i perfectly). The only thing is, Jeff isn't interested in joining. I would like to have the girls be apart of a church, learn the Bible stories, participate in fun activities, etc., and then, when they're old enough, they can decide whether they want to continue. My parents let my brothers and I decide when we started high school if we wanted to keep going. Anyhoo, Natalie's visit really brightened our day - the girls and i both enjoyed her company.
Then Friday afternoon, my mom came over. She was here in Tulsa for a scrapbooking convention and one of her friends dropped her at the house. When the girls got up, we went shoe shopping - well - TRIED - to go shoe shopping, but Miss Lindsey was being a little rascal. So, at least I know what size she needs. We then went to Funtastic park and had a picnic. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. The girls swang a lot...Lindsey is starting to pump on her own a little bit. :) YEA!!! I got to spend some one-on-one time with Lindsey and we had such a good time...I was chasing her and we were going down slides, etc. Lindsey rarely gets alone time with us (me and Jeff), so I think once school starts we'll designate one night a week for Lindsey - either me or Jeff will do something with her all by herself so she gets extra attention. (thank you amy h for the idea!!!) i'm such a copycat...or i just have great friends with great ideas!!!! :)
Saturday morning papa came over on his new motorcycle to pick up nana. Then the girls and I went to Putt and Jump to meet our friends the Donnelly's. The girls had fun jumping and then we came back to our house for lunch. Then they all played outside in the sanbox - even Mackenzie. Did I mention how beautiful the weather is??? Soooo nice!!!! So here's some pics from today:

Grace & Lindsey being silly
Everybody is playing in the sandbox.


Chasing a frog who has taken up residence in our backyard.

1 comment:

  1. I love that one night a week for Lindsey idea! I may have to copycat that too!! Looks like the girls had fun!

    ReplyDelete