Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey

Ok, I'm going to vent, so watch out.
Lindsey's, let's say. -spirit- has been shining through lately. She can be such a precious little girl, but man, when she's ornery, she's ORNERY!!!
The biggest problem that I'm having is sharing between the girls. If Mackenzie has something...Lindsey tries to snatch it...if Lindsey has something and Mackenzie touches it, Lindsey freaks out...I mean, screams!!!!
I've tried everything...I take baby out of the situation, I take away the toy so nobody gets to play with it, time out, I raise my voice (that's putting it mildly), etc. The other night, the girls were taking a bath together which they both enjoy and enjoy doing together - usually. Well, this night, Lindsey would not let Mackenzie have ANY toys after I had repeatedly asked her to share and warned her that she would go to timeout. So, I took Lindsey out of the tub, soaking wet, and put her in her bed for timeout. I then asked her if she was ready to share with her sister. She said yes and I put her back in the tub. The second I put her down, she picked up a toy and threw it at Mackenzie's FACE. I spanked her and put her back in timeout. It makes me so mad when Lindsey is mean to Mackenzie...it makes me think that she's going to grow up to be a bully or the mean girl...I want her to be nice to everyone. Mackenzie wasn't hurt and didn't even really care, but man, I cared. That's the worst example of Lindsey's behavior...it's not always like that....but lately, she has been testing testing testing. I just have to remind myself that she's 2 and she's probably jealous of little sis and wants all the attention for herself. she can be such a sweetie pie and fun-loving but she can also be super ornery. ahhhhh.....ok....i feel better now that i vented. :)
I think Lindsey misses her dad too. We still don't know for sure when he'll be home. And once school starts, things will get better too. I know Lindsey will love preschool. Last year at MDO, the first few times, she cried, but after that, she was waving bye to me - like, see ya later mama...i'm gonna go play. She loved her MDO...it was so good for all of us.
So, before church this morning, we were driving around 'cause I wanted Mackenzie to get a little nap. There were all these geese in the middle of the road. Lindsey said, "watch out geese...here comes the jeep!" too funny! she's so awesome - i need to focus on the good times.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor Mackenzie!

    I just wanted to say that you are such a great writer! I love the line where you said "Mackenzie didn't really care, but man, I cared". Lindsey may be going through an ornery phase, but she is a sweet girl and both of your girls are so lucky to have a mama that CARES! Brian and I had a 45 minute discussion this evening about a child we know who's mama doesn't care at all and it shows. The child is out of control! Brian didn't even want Abbey to play with her this weekend because he was afraid she would be a bad influence on Abbey. Her parents had her late in life (not on purpose) and they are more concerned with their own fun, so the child gets no discipline whatsoever.

    It sounds like you handled the situation very well and probably just the same way I would have handled it....yelled, time out, then vent on the blog! That's exactly what I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your support lacey!!! it does help to vent and type it out.

    ReplyDelete