Monday, July 27, 2009

These are the days

You know that 10,000 maniacs song? I have it in my head and it totally sums up today.
The girls and I had a great day...played in the sandbox, ran errands, the weather was great, everyone had a good nap...
So I don't know if I've mentioned it, but Mackenzie growls when she eats. She'll take a bite and then growls like a grizzly bear or a puppy chewing on a toy. It's the cutest thing and Lindsey thinks it's funny too.
Lindsey is still doing puzzles like crazy. And Jeff has been building Jenga blocks with her for months so now she can build these big towers or "houses" all by herself. Of course her favorite thing to do is knock down the blocks...
When Jeff got home he suggested that we walk down to the neighborhood pond with the fishing poles. What a GREAT idea! Lindsey caught her first FISH!!!! She was so excited!! She actually caught two tonight...I only had my cell phone camera with me, so I'll have to get the pic off of my phone. The weather was nice and cool tonight - I wish it was like this every night.
I'm so thankful for the nice day we had today and I need to remember days like this when things get stressful and frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment