Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mayfest

So after church, I tried to get Lindsey down for her nap earlier than usual because nana fulton was arriving around 1pm and I was hoping she'd get to sleep earlier and wake up earlier so we could get to Mayfest downtown. Lindsey was not having it!!! She cried for a while and then was jumping up and down on her bed...I heard a big thump....then serious crying. Needless to say, no nap was taken. So, when my mom arrived, we threw both girls in the car and headed downtown for Mayfest. The kidzone was alright...finger paints, tattoos, bubbles, etc., but Lindsey had the most fun playing in the fountain! It was a pretty sunny day and she played in the water for a good 1/2 hour. We then got a tenderloin sandwich and a funnel cake and watched some dance routines on the entertainment stage. It was nice to chill out on a blanket and stuff our faces with greasy food! Lindsey was getting into the dancing and of course, Mackenzie was eyeballing her sister's every move and laughing when her sister laughed.
So, it was a nice afternoon. Jeff was in charge of putting Lindsey to bed...he does most nights anyway, but tonight he is in there laying down with her. When I put her down for naps, she now pats her pillow and asks me to lay down with her. I would love to, but I do not want to get into that habit. She's been a great sleeper and I hoping that she won't expect us to lay down with her everyday/night. It kinds of irks me too 'cause I say 'no' to laying down with her and then Jeff does it...so I'm the bad guy and Jeff's the good guy. Ok, we just had a talk. We've agreed not to snuggle with her before bedtime or naps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment